Yesterday one of the subscribers to my blog gave me a very flattering gift – a Versatile Blogger Award. It came as a surprise and an encouragement just when I was struggling to write and failing miserably. The problem is that I’ve been in the same place for too long and I simply lack the imagination of a true writer to keep my creativity alive: I need to actually breathe different air, see different faces, eat different food etc to write something remotely interesting. Excuses, exuses…
Back to the award. It’s not all cheering – there are rules to follow. Firstly, whenever someone gives you something nice, the common practice is to accept it and say thank you! Secondly, I must provide a link to the award itself:
And here’s Val Erde, the blogger who passed it to me:
Next, I must tell the world – the small part of it which is still reading this – seven things about me, myself and I.
- I’m really tempted to say that I’m a versatile blogger but I’m afraid that wouldn’t be quite true. So instead of ‘versatile’ I’ll say ‘vegan’.
- My most vivid memory of happiness is the memory of being at the depth of over 100 meters of seawater for the first time;
- I have been trying to write my first novel for years now and I just… can’t;
- I attended a bullfighting school while working on an ethics dissertation;
- The Sixth Symphony in the name of my blog refers to my favourite piece of music – Tchaikovsky’s last symphony;
- I like to listen to people;
- I don’t like to talk about myself, so I’m glad this part is over. Phew!
Finally, I need to list fifteen blogs written by the new Versatile Bloggers. Essentially, these are just some of my favourite blogs – interesting, different and written by wonderful, versatile human beings:
- http://carldagostino.wordpress.com/ – never fails to make me smile
- http://notesfromtheboss.wordpress.com/ – for the love of post-it notes;
- http://voyagetimes.com/ – keeps the travel bug alive;
- http://occupationwriter.wordpress.com/ – reminds me I should be writing more (and better);
- http://mividavegan.wordpress.com/ – feeds me :);
Looks like that’s it. Hope I didn’t forget to mention anything important. Again, many thanks to Val for passing me the award, and thus, reminding me that I’m supposed to be writing. Right now.